I love traditions, I really do. It's my birthday! Birthdays mean new shoes!
Except I don't need shoes this year. Gasp! Sure I want shoes. But I don't need shoes. This is what happens when you buy quality stuff apparently. It really does last. Who knew?
Over the last two months I've been really mindful about what comes into my house. Do I really need it? Can I make do with something I already have? Everything from clothes to my fabric stash is affected. I'm using my fabric stash rather than buying more. Isn't that a novel concept? It has been very inspiring and has required me to be creative in ways I didn't expect.
So I'm going to pass on the shoes this year. Looking back, it seems I skipped 2009 too. Course I think I actually did get birthday shoes that year, just didn't post about it.
- 2007 birthday boots
- 2008 birthday shoes (I miss wearing heels!)
- No shoes! I had just had a baby and moved.
- 2010 birthday shoes (these are still going strong, I wore them yesterday)
- 2011 birthday shoes (these didn't last, not a fan)
- 2012 birthday boots (still adore these)