So now presented with my very own room in the house that we are moving into I'm ecstatic! We've made some progress on it over the last few months but now that fall is here I'm itching to really make it mine. Something about fall that makes me want to get everything in order to cozy up for the winter.
Next, we removed the shutters and 70s curtains and realized it is actually a very bright and sunny room! I painted it a very happy green. I love green like this, it makes me feel like a thriving, growing plant.
Since I've never had a room to myself inside the house I have no real furniture for it. Certainly nothing that matches. I do have a sewing machine, fabric and boxes of art supplies looking for a home. A "book shelf from here" and a "table from there" will be how I outfit this room and I'm sure thrift stores and spray paint or sanding will be involved. For a while, I was stuck like a deer in headlights. I needed a plan, a vision.
- Light pine book shelves lined with wooden crates and baskets for storage
- Desk - I have a pine table that I will sand down, it will be perfect
- Colorful art on the walls
- Sheer curtains to let the natural light in
- Lighting! I do all my work in the wee hours of the night so a couple lamps will be essential.
- Rug - A rug under a chair in a corner will soften the room and make it cozy
Stay tuned to see how this room progresses! (and to see how close to my "plan" it turns out to be)
What are you making cozy for fall?
PS - This post is part of the FALL NESTING PARTY at the Inspired Room and my entry towards winning a $200 GIFT CARD to Homegoods!!! Go check out all the fall nesting going on and post your own room that you are working on for your chance to win. That $200 sure would come in handy. Lamps! Curtain sheers! Oh my!