Several people have asked me where I make my wooden toys & ornaments thinking that I have a little space set aside in my livingroom. Fortunately, I have a dedicated space where the magic happens because I get filthy when I cut and sand wood. Absolutely covered in sawdust. For the first time in my life I have my dream of a "detached artist studio" behind our house. However, it is a dusty and dark cave. Truly! It most resembles a cave more than anything else. People in the blogosphere have been busy posting pics of their work areas but as much as I love my space, I'm too embarrassed to share pics. After the first of the year I plan to revamp it and give it life as a true studio.
Now that I've blabbed about myself, it is time to blab a bit more...because Emilie over at the little nest tagged me with the 8 things about me post. She also has a lovely new Etsy shop where she sells the most adorable little pixie bonnets.
*link to the person who tagged you
*post the rules
*name 8 things others don't know about you
*link to 8 other bloggers
1. I'm an ex-professional bellydancer and performed/taught for 10 years.
2. I have two all-black cats that I got from a rescue organization.
3. I worked for a few weeks on a psychic network reading Tarot cards while I was in college.
4. I used to have purple hair and body piercings. I'm quite normal looking now.
5. I backpacked for a month straight in the mountains in Colorado and was afraid of bears the whole time.
6. I hate to drive and I don't have my own car.
7. I love wine and food. We host wine tasting parties and dinner parties whenever we can.
8. I spent time in an orphanage in Romania and it changed my life.
I'll tag the following (folks, if you've already been tagged for this particular thing, just ignore me...I know this "8 things" has been going around for a while) encircling and the felt mouse and Hot Dish! and My Obsession With Crafting and whittycism and PacificMod - Life in the Bay Area and lemoncadet and random revelations and...is that 8?